IFTM Top Resa is all set to launch the 2019 edition of its competition for tourism students and the industry’s future professionals, in partnership with the French Federation of Tourism Technicians and Scientists (FFTST).
In 2018, 120 contestants, all students passionate about tourism and born competitors, took part in the adventure of IFTM Top Resa’s first Travel Agents Cup Junior! Given the enthusiasm of these budding professionals, the show is expecting even more participants in 2019!
The competition is open to students in France (Mainland and Overseas departments and territories) with training in the tourism sector (BTS, masters, bachelors, MBA, DU and three-year vocational diplomas).
With my teacher in tow 🙂
With the help of a professor involved in the project, each student works to defend their case just like a real pro and promote destinations at partner locations in France, which, according to hardened professionals, are a much harder sell than exotic destinations.
Their task will be to use their skills, concentration and a healthy dose of adrenaline to find the perfect activity or ideal itinerary to convince the panel of judges and the audience. This entertaining event lets students and partners share and interact to promote their destination in a fun way.
A 4-step competition: key dates
- From 12 noon, 8 February, to 12 noon, 26 March 2019: contestants register and answer a 10-question online quiz about IFTM, the FFTST and key data about the tourism industry,
- 2 April: shortlist of 10 finalists chosen by IFTM and the FFTST,
- 15 July: the 10 finalists receive travel scenarios highlighting a destination in France (region, département, city or town) featured in the “Destination France” area or an Overseas Region,
- 4 October at 10:30am: Final of the Travel Agents Cup Junior in the Arena. The contestants draw a scenario at random and give a 4-minute presentation before the jury and audience.
Eye on the prize… 5 trips are up for grabs for the best travel scenarios in France
On the day of the final, five prizes are awarded at the trade show:
- The jury will elect the 3 “Best up-and-coming salespersons for Destination France”,
- 1 prize for “Audience Favourite”,
- 1 “Random draw” prize awarded to one of the contestants present.
The winners will win a trip for 2 people in France (mainland or overseas region) worth at least €1,000, accommodation and transportation included.
Panel of Judges
- Sophie Jovillard, Jury Chairperson and host of Échappées Belles on France 5,
- Well-known personalities from IFTM Top Resa, FFTST, Entreprises du Voyage, Atout France, SNCF and Avis,
- Winner of the 2018 Travel Agents Cup: Arnaud Levet (Verdié Voyages).
Travel industry events: a final every day at IFTM!
By bringing back the Travel Agents Cup Junior, IFTM Top Resa is confirming its desire to promote the professionals of tomorrow. With events that bring people together like the Travel Agents Cup, which has been awarding the best travel agent in France since 2013, the Start-up Contest, which recognises innovative tourism companies, and the Hackathon, where teams of engineers and developers go head to head in a 24-hour non-stop competition at the trade show to come up with creative solutions, the goal of IFTM Top Resa is to showcase expertise from across the industry.
- Tuesday 1 October: Start-Up Contest.
- Wednesday 2 October, (24 hours, non-stop): Hackathon.
- Thursday 3 October: Travel Agents Cup.
- Friday 4 October: Travel Agents Cup Junior.
Registration for the Travel Agents Cup Junior: http://bit.ly/TACJunior
To find out more or see the 2018 winners, photos and videos, go to